An absolute must as an accompaniment to curry or wonderful as a starter for an Indian meal. Onion Bhajis are tasty little onion balls bound together with lightly spiced and fragrant chickpea flour batter. Serve these with coriander chutney or cucumber raita.
- 2 free-range eggs
- 3 onions, sliced
- 120g plain flour
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 200mls vegetable oil, plus extra if required
- Kick off by slicing the onions nice and thin.
- Put the onion in a bowl with 120g flours
- Whisk up the 2 eggs and slowly add them into the flour to make a batter
- Add the coriander and cumin into the flour mixture.
- Fry them in 2cm of hot oil in chunks about 2 minutes each side.
- Pinch of sea salt over them when they come out of the oil and onto a try with kitchen paper.
- Now serve them up with sweet chilli sauce.