Your Shopping Cart is empty. View Cart (0 Items)
Chili con carne, commonly known in American English as simply “chili”, is a spicy stew containing chili peppers, meat, and often tomatoes and beans. Here is my version.
- 1 pound of mince
- 1 onion diced
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 2tbsp of sriracha sauce
- 4tbsps of sweet chilli
- 1 red chilli
- Kidney beans
- Half a jar of tomato passata
- 2tbsps of tomato puree
- Balsamic vinegar
- Brown rice
- Dice the onion and finely chop the chillies
- Sweat it in a hot pan with oil until soft.
- Add in the mince and sweat until golden brown and the fat is reduced off.
- Add in some smoked paprika and cook out for 20seconds.
- Add in the tomato passata, tomato puree, balsamic vinegar and honey.
- Finish off with the sweet chilli and sriracha sauces for some heat.
- Boil your rice – cook for 8 – 10 minutes
- Serve with optional grated cheese and some salad and of course enjoy.