Chicken tikka masala is a dish of roasted chunks of chicken tikka in a spicy sauce. The sauce is usually creamy, spiced and orange-coloured. It has been claimed to have originated in Glasgow and is among the UK’s most popular dishes. Here’s my twist with spirialised courgetti.
For the Chicken
- 4 boneless Chicken fillets
- 6 heaped tbsps. of natural yogurt
- 1 tbsp. of garam masala
- 1 tbsp. cumin
- Half the zest of a lemon
For the Sauce
- 1 onion sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped
- Half a red chilli chopped
- 1 tbsp. garam masala
- 1 tbsp. turmeric
- 2 tbsps. of tomato puree
- 1 tin coconut milk
- Seasalt to taste
- Coriander chopped
- Slice the chicken so it can fit on skewers with a knife.
- Marinate the chicken on skewers with yogurt and lemon cumin and garam masala for as long as you can (or like me use them striaght away.)
- Bake the chicken in the oven for the 15 -20 minutes until fully cooked at 180oC
- For the sauce –
Sweat the chopped onion, garlic and red chilli.
- Add in garam masala and turmeric and sweat for 20 seconds.
- Add in the tomato puree and cook out for 20-30 seconds.
- Add in coconut milk and then bring to the boil and simmer until the colour changes and the sauce thickens.
- Add chopped coriander to finish and season with salt to taste.
- Run the courgette through the spiralizer.
- Squeeze over the lime juice
- And now it time to serve up. On with the courgetti, the skewers on the side and spoon over that sauce. Enjoy.